7 ounces of puff pastry (allow time to defrost if using frozen)
1 pound of beef tenderloin
1/3 pound of foie gras
1 cup of red wine
2 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 bottle of BAH BAH hot sauce
A pinch of salt
A pinch of pepper
A pinch of thyme
A pinch of rosemary
- Preheat oven to 350°f.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry sheet to a desired size
- Brush foie gras on the pastry puff
- Lightly brush BAH BAH hot sauce over foie gras
- Take the meat and sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary
- Add meat to large skillet over high heat. Sear the fillet in the pan on all sides until well browned. Let cool.
- Place meat on pastry puff
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten eggs. Fold the pastry around the fillet, cutting off any excess at the ends. Place on a small plate, seam side down, and brush beaten egg yolks all over the top.
- Let chill for 5 minutes.
- Place the pastry-wrapped fillet on a baking pan. Brush the exposed surface again with beaten eggs.
- Place in oven for 20-25 minutes
- Then place the meat on top of the dough and cover it. Beat the egg and spread it on top of the dough in order to glitter the dough.
- Take this, and put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 350°f.